join our team
Currently, Transom is seeking a reliable, detail-oriented candidate to join our team as a Associate Craftsperson.
About the Company: Transom is a custom woodworking and remodeling company located in Providence’s West End. We create thoughtful, well-designed spaces and wooden furnishings. We deliver custom woodworking, renovation and sawyering services to Southeast New England homeowners and businesses interested in individualized solutions to their most challenging design problems.
About the Position: The Associate Craftsperson would help with a variety of woodworking and carpentry tasks both in shop, where Transom designs and builds custom woodwork and furnishings, and on site remodelling and installing various elements in home and other business owners’ property.
The position reports to the owner and/or lead craftsperson/carpenter.
The ideal craftsperson:
· Is a maker and enjoys building a changing variety of complex, quality projects in wood
· Demonstrates common sense, good judgement, caution and courtesy
· Is reliable in attendance, performance and communication, and can work independently
· Is detail oriented and well-organized personally, and capable of keeping projects equally well organized
· Is resourceful and a problem-solver
· Is proficient with hand, power, and shop scale woodworking equipment and chainsaws
· Is comfortable at heights, and on ladders and scaffolds
· Is proficient in basic maths and reading rulers, drawings and plans
· Has experience in finish carpentry and/or proficiency with woodshop tools
· Has the ability to handle a constantly changing task list productively
· Has excellent written and spoken English
· Can lift 60 pounds
· Reports to the owner, and/or the lead craftsperson
· Owns and maintains a reliable vehicle, driver’s license and insurance.
· Maintains a basic carpentry tools set: drill/driver, tape, square, belt etc.
· Woodshop, most tools and processes
· Works in tandem with a Lead Craftsperson when appropriate and necessary
· Assists Lead/Owner when materials need to be ordered and machinery needs maintenance
· Maintains, sets up and cleans up woodshop and job sites daily and weekly as appropriate
· Continues to develop expertise and understanding in materials and processes
Experience: Finish carpentry: 3 years (Preferred)
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Job Type: Part-time 20-30 hours per week
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00/hour
Work Location: Multiple locations
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Day shift, 8 hour shift
Please send a cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org